Friday, June 11, 2010

Goodbye to a friend


I said goodbye to a very close friend today. We met 10 years ago and she has been there for me in good times and bad. She was with me when I drove my boys to the airport to leave for their 2 year missions and also went with me to pick them up from the airport when they came home. Many times I could be with her and I would just talk and she would just listen. Sometimes I laughed out loud and sometimes I cried when I was with her. Sometimes she even listened to me pray. She was there with me when my daughter got married and moved across the country; she was there with me every day of my 10 year career in human resources at a local hospital. She and I became especially close 3 years ago when Dean moved to Utah. She would take me out for long drives and would play beautiful music for me the entire way. Saying goodbye was harder than I thought it would be. She has committed to go on and help another family and I know she will create memories and serve them just as well. Goodbye Blue Buick!

No comments:

Post a Comment