Friday, October 2, 2009

Pictures of our Shangrila


This is our house thus far. It's taking shape and it has become what I wanted it to be a little beach house away from the beach. We're still hanging curtains and every day I move something from one place to another and it does feel like home now.

(Click on the pictures to get an enlarged or clearer view)

This corner has our Florida things that I always keep out to remind me that we lived in a beautiful place by the water. The vase holds actual Pensacola Beach white sand and shells. I love the stained glass beach picture, the glass fish and our first family portrait taken on the beach in March of 1989 (too small to see here - but take my word for it we were all young and beautiful or in Clay's and Rachel's case, "cute") Also Rachel's Prom Picture. That was a fun day making her up even though she had a miserable time at the dance and never went to another prom.


Dean and his dad watching over the irrigation waters that come into our yard every other Monday evening. Because we irrigate, we don't have to water our lawn - ever.


My piano corner. I spend a lot of time here practicing and even composing sometimes. Yesterday I ran across a beautiful song that Rachel performed one time which I accompanied her on and it brought back memories. Rachel, find a place to perform and I'll come and accompany you. Memories! The little purple pumkin is from my friend Celeste. She sent it to me with Flowers in it when Lisa passed away and now it is very full of all kinds of chocolate. I don't eat it. I find that when all the things I love are plentiful in my house I don't go there. It's when I have nothing to munch on that I go to the store and eat everything I can get my hands on. Dean eats the chocolate though. He makes up for what I don't eat. Children come to our home and love to open the pumpkin and see what edible goody is inside.


Our TV room which has changed since this pic was taken. We now have the TV centered in the room and 2 Cabella's outdoor recliner chairs that we sit in every evening and some beautiful blue and white tropical curtains hanging on the windows (I'll have to post another picture soon). We recline, eat popcorn or dinner on our laps and enjoy the few stations we have which are digital. Three networks and some spanish channels and a station called "Create" which I LOVE!


Front Porch Rockers just like they were in Pensacola.


Wall hanging in our hallway across from the Bathroom. 3D


Irrigation waters in our back yard coming up over the ditch. It's very weird. It comes at 5:00 on the dot every 2 weeks on Monday evening.

Bedroom or part of it. We still have to hang the curtains which are blue and white striped and will add texture to the walls. Our window is a corner window on both walls. Does that make any sense? That is a Southern Magnolia hanging above the headboard.

Living Room. Very similar to Pensacola only smaller. I heard that if you have not changed arrangement of the decor in your home in 20 years - - it's time. I tried to add a few things here that make this a little different like the way things are placed and there are a few beachy things on teh shelves like my old real Sand Castle that I have not had out in years. It's lovely in this room. I also now have a beautiful brightly colored Euro pillow sitting on the couch (not shown here) that I purchased at "Gardner Mill" the other day which is not in this picture and really brightens up the entire room. I love oranges, yellows and greens - - LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM.

The walls look really green here but are more subdued in real life. This was bright morning sun.



Dad's paintings and the metal artwork above says, "JOY". Orlando LDS Temple on Side Wall.


Kitchen - - - Fun Fun Fun kitchen. I love my antique stove and ovens and my new Jennaire Microwave and KitchenAide Refrigerator. Nice Nice Nice. Consolation for having no heat! Yep.
Kitchen Table and Microwave cart compliments of IKEA, our new favorite home supply store.
The canvas picture is of an Italian Wine Vinyard.
Towels made and given to us by our Bishop's wife in Pensacola.


This little fish's name is Neumann. He was a gift given to me by our housekeeper at Baptist Hospital in Pensacola. Nina! She gave me this little glass fish who actually bobs up and down in the water when I talk to him. When I quit my job Nina told me I was her best friend. I had no idea. I need to call Nina tonight and check on her. I had a contest to name the fish and my friend Amy (who coincidently works at a mental health center - hahahaha Amy!!!! ) gave us the name Neumann. He does sort of look like Paul don't you think. He sits in our kitchen window now and is the first to greet us every morning. He is full of personality!

These pictures are sort of outdated already but you get the idea. I'm constantly decorating and redecorating. Love to all!









4 comments:

  1. MOM! I love EVERYTHING about your home! I want to visit and wake up there in the morning! It's so bright and cozy! I love the decorating! Your are awesome and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks beautiful and what a difference from when you first moved in! Glad Neumman survived the trip. I didnt want him to die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is beautiful and bright and cheery just like you! I think it fits your personality to a "T"!

    Don't you just LOVE Ikea?! I got the greatest set of plastic food storage things there. It was 34 pieces for $4.99! You can't beat deals like that. I know it won't last forever but at that price I could get a set a month if I needed to!

    ReplyDelete