Sunday, May 2, 2010

Two Weeks! Two Months!





As I race through life recently . . . I feel like the fire ants above look. I know you can't see them, but they are there, working feverishly to build another home in my front yard.

The topic of this post is "Two Weeks! Two Months! Two Years" Why? Because my life is H-E-C-T-I-C! Yet, within this same thought is the fact that I am blessed to be able to live it, have time to live it, have FREE time to live it, and, cope with it weekly, monthly and yearly especially in the last two weeks, two months and two years.

My life has done a complete one-eighty in the last year - - TWICE! I was a full-time career gal. Then not. Then I moved to the west - Utah and established a home there and now - - back to Florida again to finalize and sell our home here. Within that time I have gone to Seattle THREE TIMES for more than a few days each time due to need to help and care for family. I have cared for parents in time of need for several weeks, and also moved in with a son and his family, except for weekends,to assist with child care for a couple of months. In between that time I have been able to reconnect with my husband who I lived across the country from for 2 years and am still trying to get back with full-time. We plan to buy or build a new home in Oak City Utah in the next year and be in and settled. When I get there, I'm not leaving the house for at least 6 months. I'm going to wake up every morning and look at my husband and say, "Good morning, it's nice to see you on this rare occasion!" Our love is strong or we would not have made it through the past 3 years of mostly seperation.

If I had kept a daily calendar of the past year, it would reflect that my life has been almost full-time helping others. It has been possibly the most fulfilling time of my life and the HARDEST and fastest passing time of my life. From may of 2009 to May of 2010, it seems like only one month has passed. Life is not worth living if it is always about you. It's only worth living if others know that you stand by ready to be there for them when they need you. Now I'm in Florida caring for ME and my house as I prepare to sell it. One last caring visit to my home of the past 20 years. In approximately 86 days I'll be heading to Seattle again to help my daughter with the arrival and adjustment of a new baby. And so life goes on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment