Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Recipe for the Heart - - Well maybe not!

Tonight I made a tastee dinner for Clay and I. It was fattening and probably full of choesteral. I was reminded of how I never cook this way any more but it was delicious so I thought I'd share the recipe. We both enjoyed it. Definitely comfort food if you are ever in the need to be soothed!

Chicken Cassarole
1 lb. chicken, cooked and cubed (I had left over chicken that we roasted last night)
2 cup chicken broth
1 cup sour cream (I used lite sour cream)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
2 cup cooked noodles ( I used cooked rice)
1 pkg. Stuffing mix ( I used 1/2 bag of pepperidge farm stuffing mix)
3/4 cube margarine, melted ( I used 1/4 cube margarine, melted)

Combine sour cream, soup, chicken and noodles. Pour into greased 2 qt. cassarole dish. Melt margarine in broth. Add seasoning packet from teh stuffing mix. Pour on dry stuffing.
Spread stuffing mixture on top of cassarole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Note:
I put the stuffing mixture on the bottom. Yes, I know I have a problem with following instructions but I always think of how "it" can be done better.
In other words I put stuffing on bottom, chicken/noodle or rice mixture on top.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup dry stuffing mix on top of cassarole to add crunch. It turned out delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment