Monday, April 27, 2009

These people have been in my thoughts today - -

In a month at the end of May I will be leaving this guy behind for the final moved to Utah. Waving to him as we drive away will be a heart ripping moment for me. He's looking forward to being on his own again - - I'm looking forward to being with Dean - - but oh how I'll miss Claydee boy.
On April 1st I made a list of all the things I needed to have done at the end of April so I can move. It's all done, the list is checked off. Here is just one of my happy ordered closets which was on the list and has now been crossed off. By the way, The walls have been painted and moldings too. The house is new again, just in time to move to an old home which we will also be fixing up in Delta Utah.

Dean had surgery today and talking to him long distance after he came through it brought peace of mind. His surgery today accounts for the 3rd between us since we've been apart in the last 15 months. We're Hypochondriacs - - NOT! Just crazy! NOT! Did I mention that I'm moving in a month to be with him? I think he has missed me - - I'm pretty sure of that. He has called me more than once a day for the last 455 days. I guess that means he misses me.

Rachel called me today from a fabric store. She was buying fabric for a baby quilt and wanted my opinion. She is almost as bad as I am at making a decision. It must be a quality of those who do everything excellently - - - ; 0 ). I love it when she calls me to help her with very important decisions. Rachel takes care of my blog - decorates it and adds a music playlist and always as a surprise for me without being asked. She is constantly working on changing it for variety's sake. I love her for doing this and she does it so much better than I could. Today she put a song by Donny Osmond on the playlist which represents the ultimate act of service for her. She doesn't enjoy Mr. Osmond's music but she knows that he and I have met in the past and I appreciate him and even enjoy some of his music. She cares more about my wants than her own. She is a selfless daughter in so many ways. I hope to be like her someday.
These three I miss so much. Eric calls me about once a week after I've crawled into bed and am just about asleep. I groggily pick up the phone and whisper hello. On the other end he yells, "Are you ASLEEEEEP?!" It always makes me laugh and then I'm AWAKE! It cracks me up. He can call me for the rest of my life at 11:30 p.m. I love hearing his voice late at night. He has the deepest most manly man voice of anyone I know. Jen and Savannah call me too and I love it when I pick up the phone and hear a soft "hello" from Savannah or "Hi Mama!" from Jen. I'm so blessed! These two adults gave us the best Christmas ever last December. It was a blast from the past!!! Definitely was that!
Have you ever met someone you knew you would never forget because of the imprint they left on your heart and in your life? This is my friend Celeste. She called me today, just to chat. We met about 10 years ago and later I was her assistant when she became VP of HR. Each time I look at her beautiful face I can't believe how much I have been blessed to learn from her example in so many things - at work and in life. She is an HR VP in San Antonio now and influencing many others in all the ways she influenced me. When she left Pensacola it left a hole in many hearts. I LOVED working for her. She is so vivacious and peppy. A beautiful funny friend who shares her latest reads with me. Today, she phoned me to ask me if I wanted to read a book she had read. When she was Vice President she and I found the opportunity to laugh, cry, whine, vent, eat mangos, and popcorn and even her homemade mango salsa together. It was a most special time.

Today I was thinking I'd like one of these although I'm not sure my life warrants it. I think I would enjoy it almost as much as I like my crock pot and my cookbooks. It looks fun and in my mind I think it would make me feel good about myself. I already feel good about myself but who can't afford having a little more oomph in their self-esteem. If I had this I would probably tuck it away and never use it enough to warrant all the monthly fees and taxes - - but it's fun to think about. I would never take it out in church or in other meetings though. I think poeple who do that have the inability to focus on anything except themselves and their own lives.

Ooops! Sideways. Another pic of Ericio and Savannah Bannana. He is a wonderful father and son and I think he is okay as a husband too. You'ld have to ask his wife about that.
Eric has always loved video game rooms and would go as a child all the time. You can see he still likes it. He has a guitar hero at home and has bought one for Savannah too so she can play right along with daddy and mommy. This is one cute family. Savannah is excited I'm coming so if no one else cared - - I would move to Utah just for her.









No comments:

Post a Comment