Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day of all days!

Mother's Day Week - - Yeah - - Mother's Day is coming.

Mom, are you ready, it's time to go to church.
Last Mother's Day together at 4100 Bonway Drive. Clay made me breakfast and dinner today. Breakfast? Blueberry waffles. Dinner? Shrimp and Sausange linguini with Broccoli and with garlic and onion sauce. Okay! I taught him how and he followed my directions. It WAS his idea to cook for me. I just told him what I wanted. He said, "Huh?" I said, "I'll tell you how," and we enjoyed it so much.



Mother's Day 2008 - The Three Girls! Rachel sent me a beautiful photo album with pictures of our Mother's Day last year together. I have looked and looked and looked at it today.

Today was a happy happy happy day for me. Mother's Day! It was spent in reflection and retrospection. I woke up and laid in bed thinking about Eric Richard, AnaLee Michelle, Rachel Jean and Clay Aaron. I thought about Dean and the day he and I began our journey together 30 years ago. I thought about the day that we decided to begin inviting children to join our family. That was not a hard decision but it was very joyous and the anticipation was so much fun each time we found out another baby/spirit was coming to our home. We were always prayerful about it and so when it happened, we knew we were partnering with Heavenly Father when a new baby came into our lives. Today I thought about last Mother's Day when Rachel was here with Ashlynn for a couple of month. She and I were both healing from illness and what a special time that was for us as we assisted and loved each other in that process. Today I thought about Clay realizing that this will by my last Mother's day with him possibly for years. He and I went outside before church and took one last Mother's Day picture at 4100 Bonway Drive. Next Year I'll take pictures with Eric on Mother's Day in Utah and Rachel and Clay won't be there. Rachel and I talk about the day that Annie will return when the Savior returns. We talk about raising her together and being with Ashlynn who will no longer have DS. In the millenium, everyone who is ressurected will have no disabilities and be in their perfect form. We can't wait to see who Ashlynn really is and why she was blessed to come to earth and not have to be tested or tried in any way. We talk about the lessons that she is teaching us and are full of gratitude for her and for Annie who is also teaching us by example because of where she is. There are many ways to nurture and mother in this life. I'm thankful I was given the opportunity to do that with my own children. I know they are a gift from god and are not really mine - - really. They've been on loant to us for a time. Through them I have been the recipient of the greatest satisfaction, education and fulfillment I could have ever imagined in this life. Every day, every phone call, every holiday is a new journey of surprise and joy. Then, there is this side blessing or gift of your children growing up and bringing you more children in form of spouses and children of their own. Ahhhhh!! It's just the most amazing thing! That's all I can say about it.

1 comment:

  1. Clay looks so much like Dean in that first picture of him! I've seen Dean (and Eric!) make that EXACT same face!

    ReplyDelete