Thursday, May 7, 2009

Packing - Oh Boy


Today I packed out the living room and part of my bedroom. I'm going to Utah on Tuesday next (May 12) to spend 5 weeks with my family and most especially my sweetheart who I haven't seen since January 31. I'm so glad that time really does fly because it doesn't seem like 3 months since we've been together. Last night I decided that I couldn't stand it any longer and called and got my flight for Tuesday. When I told Dean, his voice was visibly brighter. We were going to move at the end of this month but there is work to be done in the home we'll be living in Utah. Dean doesn't have time after work and also while recovering from gallbladder surgery. So I'm going out and work on it during the day while he is at work. We'll get it all done and then move first part of July. We'll be able to move right into the house and not into a storage facility this way. Order in all things. I think the house we're living in out west will require cleaning, throwing out and painting and I'll need the 5 weeks to do it I'm sure. I'm looking forward to seeing my son, Eric, and his family, my parents and my brother and his beautiful family. Yeah!!!! A break. Clay got a job this week and his life is moving along. He likes it and he is meeting really interesting people as he works at Enterprise Rent A Car. He and I have had a wonderful 2 months together since he came back from Utah and Seattle. He's ready to be on his own now and I know things are going to start moving forward for all of us. We've sort of been hovering and not going anywhere for awhile. The tower has signalled it's time for us to move in and land now so that's what we're going to do. It may still be awhile before everything is in place and we actually sell our home in Pensacola but that's okay. Rome wasn't built in a day nor was anything that has ever been worth waiting for. There will be at least two moves ahead in the next couple of years but I've watched myriads of military families do this over the past 20 years. I'm up for it.


2 comments:

  1. If you need any help on a Saturday while you're here let me know! I actually enjoy painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will so miss you! You plans change like ever 3 minutes! Will you have computer access when you go? Will you be able to update with pictures? I want to see befores and afters of the house you are moving into!

    ReplyDelete