Saturday, May 2, 2009

My visit to Lowe's



I have overcome an insecurity in the last year. Shopping at Lowe's without a man at my side. When Dean would take me there I couldn't leave fast enough because it was always boring to me. I never wanted to learn about repairs, or carpentry or paint because I figured I should always be able to hire it done or watch Dean do it. In the last year that has all changed. I now have the store's layout memorized and can go in with confidence without a man at my side. I now ask questions of the smiling man clerks in the store and I noticed today that they no longer follow me to the place in the store they have sent me to. They used to sense my fear and would take me everywhere. I've come "a long way baby!"
The other thing I enjoy about Lowe's is the people who shop there. They are always dressed nice. Clean and pressed and upscale. Usually you'll see a man or a woman by themselves and rarely will you see couples there. Seldom do you see children. Lowe's is not a place for children except once in awhile you'll see a dad showing his toddler son nails or hammers - - it must be a dad thing. You never hear a crying baby and never see a teenager in there (no kids and gangs)- - no clothes or fast food so they don't go there.
I love Lowe's. I would say that I shop there more than any other store in Pensacola. My favorite part of the store - - the Garden Shop and the Paint Store. I even bought shapoopy disintegrator there during hurricane season last year - - just in case. Who knew!? They have whatever you need. Just ask, they'll have it for you. Lowe's is IT! They have helped this home repairs lady become almost an expert in minor repairs and fit-it up stuff.






3 comments:

  1. We love Lowe's, too.

    What the heck is shapoopy disintegrator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that was my question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shapoopy Disintegrator is a chemical you pour on your poop which you put in a bag if you've been in a hurricane and your bathroom facilities are not working. The chemicals will kill the smell and yes disintegrate the poop in the bag. We have some on our storage shelves just in case. It's important to Floridians to have this at al times.

    ReplyDelete