Monday, May 4, 2009

Today I've been reading poetry on line. I've gone to sites that have poems about every topic imagineable. I've been struck however with the poems about struggle including divorce, depression, loneliness and sadness. What a great way to express our struggles and our joys. Poetry is a form of journalling that can release the soul from whatever is binding it down. Writing is it's own form of therapy. Getting it out or down on paper is always healing. Here is a poem I written by a father who wants more time with his growing children. It is sweetly written and is a true depiction of how every parent and grandparent feels as they watch their sweet children grow up too quickly and leave.

http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/family/poetry.asp?poem=1205

This next poem is on depression. I know about depression and know people who have depression. It can be very debilitating. For anyone who has it I would say, do everything you can to get helpor support in the forms of counnselling and if necessary drug therapy, diet and exercise. . . . or move to Florida which is what I did. We came to Florida and I literally stood in the sun for the first two months and was healed after being sick for two long years. I've had 20 years of wellness. They say depression always comes back and I know I won't be surprised if that happens to me. I have friends who have been sick for years. I love them and hurt right along with them.

http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/family/poetry.asp?poem=21357

No comments:

Post a Comment