Thursday, June 25, 2009

Packing, First Day of School, General Progress on the move.

I wanted to post a few pictures of the progress we're making on our home in Pensacola as we prepare to move. I don't know for sure when we'll move, hopefully soon. I've been back for 3 days and have been very tired and doing some resting quite lazily. My trip to Utah was fast and hard and a little bit stressful. Thus my need to chill here for a few days.

Our moving date will depend on Dean's work schedule. Summer is his busiest time. In Delta, they too, are affected by the market fall. Some teachers have been laid off, through attrition, schools are closing and teachers are moving to other schools. Dean is in charge of moving all those teachers to their new areas and making sure they are set up for the new school year. It is a massive undertaking. Hopefully after this week or next he'll have a better idea of when he can come and get me and our "stuff." It could be very soon or as long as 2 months. I hope not.

I have been nesting today because some of my rooms are filled with packed boxes which are shown below. So I went to my room because I needed room and freedom from feeling clostrophobic. I nested, moved things around, dusted to make myself feel better.
This is Dean's and my bedroom which used to be a dark burgandy color. This is Dean's antique dresser which came to me as a young girl from great aunt Nellie Lind on my dad's side of the family. Why did I get the dresser? I was the first girl born in generations to the Lind or Houmand families. Nellie never had a daughter. I lucked out. Nellie's son, Don Lind, my cousin removed was an astronaut on the space shuttle back in the 80's.

More of our bedroom. This antique dresser that I use was purchased at Pensacola's Water Front Mission and we refinished it. Dean was always a little grumbly when I'd bring home a new find from the mission. It was in terrible condition but is beautiful now. The bed? Same as Ray Romano and Debra's in their sitcom bedroom.

This is how Clay feels about posing for first day of school picture. He loves me.


You have to finally give in when I'm after something I want.


The Den, painted and really is packed except for a few things that we'll pick up when we go. This room used to be a sea green color. We have added a new back door.


Clay watching a Florida rainstorm and breaking the rule about not sitting near an open door or window during a lightening storm. He is a storm chaser and Weather will be his life's work. The wreath has been packed.


The beloved antique piano I sold on Craig's List for $85.00. It's former resting place is now filled with packed boxes.

This is what I think about when I'm stressing. I've gone here mentally a few times this week.


Today is Clay's first day of college and this was the best "first day of school" picture he would give me? He is very excited to be starting school and I love being her to watch him go out the door for the last time at the beginning of a new "year." He is registered this quarter at Pensacola Junior College because the courses were less expensive for him. Next quarter he's going back to UWF because his scholarship money will kick in for him. He loves University of West Florida and it is a very good university. Relatively small and intimate.


Living Room packed out along with a few closets, sewing machines etc.

Clay bought this chin-up bar while I was gone and started doing the P90X workouts. I have to go in my room because it hurts me to watch him and listen to him. He gets all the way through! Amazing. Then when he is through I go out and get on my bike for a liesurely ride while watching "The View" or "Gilmore Girls."

Kitchen, cupboards almost empty, except for basic living stuff. The final packing is still going to be alot. 20 years is not an easy pack!


Garage full of boxes. This shows only one corner of the boxes filling this quite large room. I still need to pack up some of the tools and food storage items. Tread mill in the forground.


Part of the newly painted kitchen, we love these colors. Rich and cool at the same time. Vibrant! Whoever buys our house may not like them but they are a great improvement over the flowered wallpaper that was here previously.


Oh, how we'd love for it to rain again this week.



Front Yard rain storm. It's nice but then the sun comes out and WOW HOT! Tropical which is a good thing right? That's it for now.













1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have made tons of progres! i am very impressed Catherine!

    ReplyDelete