Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Treats and Tricks!

So, I thought I'd just write one more quick thing. I come to Dean's office to do all my computer business. He has this amazing drawer in his office of goodies that people gave him for Christmas which he has not touched. There are huge pretzel rods dipped in choclate which are still fresh as day one when they were made. There is this big glass jar of dark, light and white chocolate bon bons wrapped in gold and red and silver foils, What else? Steak Sauce (what a great christmas gift!) and other great yummies that tempt the female soul.

This is a terrible temptation! Why? Because! Because our family, my family, my little brother and his wife encourage us to join their fitness club which is called "The Ryan J. and Ann B Houmand race for the cure for obesity in 42 year old men!" Just because I'm 52 does not mean that I am not invited to the club. It's part of our family goal to get fit and live long lives. So what do I do with "the drawer?" I truly try to ignore it. That's all. I'm going now, right after I sneak a gold foil bonbon. Oh drat!

2 comments:

  1. So does ignoring it work? It wouldn't for me. I have to sincerely thank the giver, then throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! It doesn't work. I have to count it in with my weekly/daily calories. Today I had a tomatoe sandwhich for breakfast (craving). Some juice and a salad for lunch and a bon-bon for my afternoon treat. Counting!

    ReplyDelete