Friday, July 10, 2009

Thyroid Diagnosis

Good News! My thyroid is a little low but not low enough to warrant an increase in meds at this point. I'm so glad even though this doesn't help my symptoms improve. An increase in meds would also increase my chances for osteo and greater hair loss so I'm happy to stay where I'm at. What am I doing about my symptoms? Drinking lots and lots of water to keep myself hydrated which will help decrease the heart palpitations and the blood pressure and help with joint pain. I take a mild sedative when I get behind on my rest - - because I have had some mild insomnia. . . and I work on keeping a positive outlook and happy face on at all times. Getting good sleep is the main factor so I will do that whenever possible. The doctor gave me 30 xanax to help me sleep. She gave me 30 a year ago when my thyroid was way down and I still have 15. I'm sure that 15 plus the extra 30 she gave me today will last me two more years because I only take 1/2 a pill and probably once a month if that often. I heard tonight that Michael Jackson was taking 40 xanax a night to sleep - - Wow, I don't know how he made it through one night if that is true. Yay! My thyroid is hanging in there with me after all.

2 comments:

  1. I am super excited to see that you will be living near us!!! Weston LOVES Little Sahara, but I am not a very patient 4 wheeler.

    So are you guys in Delta? We are in Spanish Fork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spanish Fork is very nice. We'll be in Delta for awhile and then maybe, if all goes as planned - - Oak City.

    ReplyDelete